Have you completed all of these tasks?
- Summarized information about the Kennedy Center Mark Twain Prize.
- Listed types of humor that are common today, including examples drawn from Mark Twain.
- Analyzed the humor in the excerpt from Life on the Mississippi.
- Compared and contrasted Twain's one-liners and those of modern comedians, including examples from Twain and school-appropriate examples from modern comedians.
- Summarized "The Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County" and one other humorous short story by Mark Twain.
- Responded to the video Mark Twain Tonight
- Designed, edited, and produced your project, remembering purpose and audience. (Review the task.)
Most of the tasks above will be assessed by considering accuracy of content, use of Standard Written English, format, and timeliness.
Your project will be assessed using the rubric below.
||Insufficient or inaccurate information does not accomplish the task.
||Accurate information helps the visitor understand Twain's comedy.
||Accurate, engaging information and quotations help the visitor appreciate Twain's comedy.
||Lapses become distracting.
||Writing is error-free.
||Flawless and polished.
||Uneven appearance calls attention to itself
||Information is presented well.
||Polished, professional appearance
||Needed more time
||Ready on time