For links to possible topics, try the topics page.
This WebQuest is designed for 9th graders. It addresses the following Indiana Standards:
- 9.2.2-Prepare a bibliography of reference materials for a report using a variety of consumer, workplace, and public documents.
- 9.2.3-Generate relevant questions about readings on issues that can be researched.
- 9.2.4-Synthesize the content from several sources or works by a single author dealing with a single issue; paraphrase the ideas and connect them to other sources and related topics to demonstrate comprehension.
- 9.2.7-Evaluate an author's argument or defense of a claim by examining the relationship between generalizations and evidence, the comprehensiveness of evidence, and the way in which the author's intent affects the structure and tone of the text.
- 9.4 - Writing Process
Students discuss writing with other writers. They write coherent and focused essays that show a well-defined point of view and tightly reasoned argument. Students progress through the stages of the writing process (prewriting, writing, editing, and revising).
- 9.5.3 - Write expository compositions, including analytical essays and research reports that: [sic]
- gather evidence in support of a thesis (position on the topic), including information on all relevant perspectives.
- communicate information and ideas from primary and secondary sources accurately and coherently.
- make distinctions between the relative value and significance of specific data, facts, and ideas.
- use a variety of reference sources, including word, pictorial, audio, and Internet sources, to locate information in support of topic.
- include visual aids by using technology to organize and record information on charts, data tables, maps, and graphs.
- anticipate and address readers' potential misunderstandings, biases, and expectations.
- use technical terms and notations accurately.
- 9.5.7-Use varied and expanded vocabulary, appropriate for specific forms and topics.
- 9.5.8-Write for different purposes and audiences, adjusting tone, style, and voice as appropriate.
- 9.6.3-Produce legible work that shows accurate spelling and correct use of the conventions of punctuation and capitalization.
- 9.6.4-Apply appropriate manuscript conventions, including title page presentation, pagination, spacing and margins, and integration of source and support material, by citing sources within the text, using direct quotations, and paraphrasing.
This WebQuest is based on a template from the WebQuest page.
Questions? Comments? Let me know.
Connersville High School
My Home Page
Web English Teacher